Alaco is seeking senior associates to join its Disputes Practice.
The role is suitable for an investigator or professional from a related field with experience managing complex contentious assignments spanning asset recovery and litigation support. Particular experience in the MENA region is desirable.
Senior associates are expected to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, bringing their own regional or sectoral expertise, and co-ordinating and supervising analysts as necessary. In addition, they are responsible for managing and strengthening the firm’s relationships with clients, and also participate in wider business development initiatives including regular attendance at conferences and other industry events alongside the Head of the Practice.
The Disputes Practice works with law firms, ultimate clients and other advisors to provide admissible evidence, actionable intelligence and strategic advice on contentious and asset recovery matters. We regularly get engaged in some of the most sizeable and sensitive disputes worldwide with direct access to key decision makers. Our findings have been submitted to all major arbitral and litigation centres worldwide.
• Undertake research with findings that could be used as evidence in ongoing legal proceedings.
• Liaise with and debrief human sources.
• Develop and execute plans for execution of assignments, supervising the work of junior staff and supporting them as necessary. Ensure timely delivery of projects.
• Put together complex proposals specific to a client’s circumstances.
• Manage and build client relationships, and actively participate in business development efforts.
• Identify and develop new research tools, methodologies, and sources of information.
Qualifications and Skills
• 5-7 years of experience in business intelligence or a related field such as law, journalism, or government.
• Prior experience in disputes and related projects (asset tracing in particular) is desirable.
• Expertise in business and politics across MENA.
• Arabic language skills preferred.
• Strong management skills. Ability to break complex tasks down and prioritise effectively.
• Exceptional English-language communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to explain complex events and concepts in clear and concise terms.
• An inquisitive mind set and ability to think laterally about complex problems.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications.
• Experience in managing/ supervising junior staff preferred.
Travel and Remote Working
This role requires the successful candidate to work in Alaco’s London office with occasional domestic and international travel to debrief sources and speak to clients.
Applicants will be assessed via an interview and a briefing test, conducted online. If you would like to be considered, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com