Alaco is looking to recruit an Analyst with Arabic, Russian or other European languages.
An entry-level position, the successful candidate will research and write investigative reports on companies and individuals globally, placing issues into political and commercial context. Our reports are typically focused on identifying and assessing reputational risks such as financial crime, corruption, political exposure, sanctions and legal issues. Analysts are expected to conduct research across multiple jurisdictions, although will usually develop a region of focus based on language capabilities.
As a research analyst you will be responsible for:
• Performing extensive desktop-based open source research, in relevant languages, utilising a wide range of specialist subscription databases and analytical tools
• Analysing and summarising human intelligence from external sources
• Preparing comprehensive and nuanced written reports on research findings in English, under the supervision of a case manager
• Assisting senior managers with ad-hoc research tasks
Alaco is a dynamic company with a young and energetic team. The successful candidate will receive training in the tools and methodologies required, but will be expected to get stuck in to real project work relatively quickly and ‘learn on the job’ under the guidance of a mentor. Senior staff actively work with new joiners to ensure that they quickly gain the skills necessary to succeed, and continue to mentor analysts over the course of their career at Alaco.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, including a discretionary end of year bonus, pension scheme, support for continuing education, and 25 days holiday among others. The role is based in Alaco’s London office and the company has a hybrid working policy.
Required Qualifications and Skills
To succeed in the role, candidates will need the following qualifications, skills and personal attributes:
• A high standard of written English and the ability to present information in an accurate, logical and concise manner, on paper and verbally
• Excellent research skills and attention to detail
• A high level of inquisitiveness or an investigative mindset
• Good lateral thinking and creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and be highly adaptable
• The ability to reliably meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
• Linguistic capability is a strong advantage; we are currently prioritising candidates with professional working proficiency in Russian, Arabic, German, Hebrew, Portuguese, Spanish and Romanian, although would consider any second language beneficial
• An awareness of and interest in global markets, business, economics and international affairs
• at a minimum, an undergraduate degree
The Application Process
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a CV, together with covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The interview process will take place online. Alaco is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all backgrounds. Please note that we can only consider UK-based candidates for this role.